ECONOMICS AND OTHER MATTERS
Medicine & Evolution
Main articles on Economics from this site:
FUNDAMENTAL CONCEPTS IN ECONOMICS
1. How international trade works-balance of trade-equality of exports and imports
2. How technological development helps economies and society
3. Free trade, anti-dumping duties and trade tariffs-government policy should be pro consumer, pro abundance, and not pro producer
4. On allowing mergers of big companies who are competitors-they should never be approved!
5. On putting your own people as suppliers, your distributors and customers, etc. to lower costs
6. Business-margins vs. volume; why low taxes are good for a government
7. Errors in inflation measurements-no such thing as inflation, deflation is the norm, prices go down with time
8. Central banks and jobs creation (unemployment): central banks don't matter much
9. Consumption doesn't help economy, savings do!
10. What is money and what are its uses?
11. The myth of overpopulation and world resources running out
12. An open-source, digital currency to facilitate commercial transactions worldwide
ADDITIONAL ARTICLES IN ECONOMICS
Our obsessions with the present-that it's something special
On Income inequality and income gaps
On recessions-confusing nominal value with real value of money
Adam Smith, private enterprise, free markets, and role of government-disaster of private healthcare
Economic conditions comparison to the Great Depression are strange
Valuing stocks using the PEG (Price to Earnings Growth rate) ratio is incorrect